Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Living by the Spirit of God

Gal. 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.



Every time I find myself fretting over something that has happened in my workday life, after I finally get calmed down enough to hear my loving Lord talk with me, I hear him remind me that I wanted to live His life, serve as He served, and love as He loved. I chose this because I recognized the superior way of it when it came to me with forgiveness of all my sin. Then I hear our Lord ask me if it is more important that I get my way in this matter or that the person experience Christ's love from how I respond to them. That settles the issue and I release it back into His loving hands. It is by His Spirit that I want to live and not my own. When I am living my way, then I become conceited, puffed up, concerned only with how I am treated. But God has this better way for me and wants to give me the power to live it. He has it for you as well and would like to give it to you right now. Why don't you ask him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let us know how these thoughts have inspired, blessed, or challenged you. If you wish to engage, please post your question.

DreamHost reviews